In the fall of 2006, the spacious, ice-strengthened Lyubov Orlova underwent extensive renovations to the forward lounge, dining room and cabins.
Destinations: Antarctica 2008-09 – Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
All prices are per person.
- Classic Antarctica: Discovering the Peninsula >
- Explorers’ Route via the Falklands (Malvinas) and South Georgia >
Cabins and Amenities
- 59 outside cabins, all featuring private facilities.
- Spacious dining room with unreserved seating: buffet-style breakfast with table service; table-service lunch and dinner with main course choices from changing daily menu; cakes served in mid-afternoon.
- Newly-renovated presentation room.
- Lounge and bar, open late afternoon and evening with a wide selection of wines and spirits; coffee, tea available all day.
- Library with collection of polar-themed books.
- Ship-to-shore communications via satellite and Iridium phone and e-mail.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Exercise room.
- Please note: there is no passenger elevator between decks.
|Staff & Crew:||70|
|Propulsion:||2 Diesel ME 5,209-horsepower engines|
|Cruising Speed:||12 knots in open water|
|Triple||2 lower / 1 upper berth, private facilities, opening porthole (except 400, 401), chairs|
|Lower Deck Twin||2 lower berths, private facilities, porthole, chair|
|Main Deck Twin||2 lower berths, private facilities, opening porthole, chair|
|Captain’s Deck Twin||2 lower berths, private facilities, 2 windows (one opens), TV|
|Superior||2 lower berths, private facilities, 2 windows (one opens), table/chair, TV|
|Amundsen Suite||2 lower berths, private facilities, 4 windows (two open), sofa, desk, table/chairs, TV|