The facilities were impeccable and comfortable…
H. V., Namibia
This sister-ship of Lyubov Orlova, built in 1975, underwent a $13 million conversion in 1998. She has a proud reputation as a well-appointed, elegant expedition ship for softer adventures. The ship is equipped with Zodiacs for shore landings and ocean level, cruising, yet offers fine dining, and a cabins with exterior views and facilities en suite.
All prices are per person.
- Classic Antarctica: Discovering the Peninsula >
- Explorers’ Route via the Falklands (Malvinas) and South Georgia >
Cabins and Amenities
- All cabins have exterior views
- 61 outside cabins, all featuring private facilities, individual temperature controls, and in-room music
- Window-lined dining room with unreserved seating: buffet-style breakfast with table service; table-service lunch and dinner with main course choices from changing daily menu; cakes served in mid-afternoon.
- Lounge/Presentation Room that can accommodate all guests.
- 2 bars.
- Library stocked with nautical books and board games.
- Gift shop.
- Ship-to-shore communications via satellite
- Satellite Internet access.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Exercise room.
- Massage therapist.
- Please note: there is no passenger elevator between decks.
|Staff & Crew:||72|
|Propulsion:||2 MAN B&W; diesel propulsion engines rated approx. 2,640 SHP each; 500 HP bowthruster; controllable pitch propellers|
|Cruising Speed:||12 knots in open water|
|Lower Deck Twin Porthole||2 lower berths, private facilities, porthole|
|Twin Porthole||2 lower berths, private facilities, porthole|
|Twin Window||2 lower berths, private facilities, window|
|Superior||2 lower berths, private facilities, windows|
|Deluxe||2 lower berths, private facilities, 2windows|
|Suite||2 lower berths, private facilities, windows|
|Owner’s Suite||2 lower berths, private facilities with bathtub, windows|