Scandinavian built for the Russian Academy of Science, this ship was designed to travel quietly, during hydro-acoustic research. The ship is exceptionally stable, yet manoeuvrable. External stabilizers and a built-in trimming system provide exceptional stability. Akademik Sergey Vavilov has an ice-strengthened hull and a cruising speed in open water of 14.5 knots.
All prices are per person.
Selected twin cabins are available for single occupancy at 1.7 times the published rate.
Learn more about the 2008 fuel surcharge.
- Antarctic Adventure: Actively Exploring the Peninsula >
- Spitsbergen Explorer >
- Spitsbergen, Eastern Greenland, Iceland >
- Antarctic Quest via the Falklands (Malvinas) and South Georgia >
Cabins and Amenities
- All cabins have exterior views
- Cabins have either shared, semi-private or private facilities (See deck plan)
- One dining room with unreserved seating.
- Theatre-style presentation room.
- Lounge and bar, open late afternoon and evening with a wide selection of wines and spirits.
- Library with a collection of polar-themed books.
- Ship-to-shore communications via satellite.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Gym, sauna and swimming pool.
- One elevator between passenger deck levels and to the Bridge level.
|Staff & Crew:||53|
|Propulsion:||5,000 KW diesel twin engine|
|Ice Class:||KM*L1(1)A2, Canadian Type B|
|Cruising Speed:||14.5 knots in open water|
|Triple (shared facilities)||1 upper and 1 lower berth, sofa bed, washbasin in the cabin writing desk and porthole.|
|Twin (shared facilities)||1 upper and 1 lower berth, washbasin in cabin, writing desk, porthole.|
|Twin (semi-private facilities)||1 lower berth, 1 sofa bed, writing desk, window|
|Superior||1 sofa bed, 1 lower berth, writing desk, window|
|Superior plus||2 lower berths, writing desk, porthole|
|Suite||1 double berth in a separate sleeping area, 1 sofa bed|
|Cook Suite||1 double berth in a separate sleeping area, 1 sofa bed|