A polar-class icebreaker, combining power and technology with creature comforts. Originally designed for the rigors of northern Siberia, Kapitan Khlebnikov is one of a few vessels of its kind in the world.
All prices are per person.
Learn more about the 2008 fuel surcharge.
- Emperor Penguins: Snow Hill Island Safari >
- Arctic Quest >
- Fury & Hecla: Stories of Exploration >
- North of 80: Canada & Greenland >
- Epic Antarctica >
- Tanquary Fjord: Western Ellesmere Island >
- Northwest Passage: The Fabled Transit >
- Northeast Passage >
- Epic Antarctica 2009 >
- Great Antarctic Explorers >
- Arctic Islands: Franz Josef Land, Svalbard, Greenland >
- Emperors & Kings: Snow Hill and South Georgia >
Cabins and Amenities
- 54 first-class outside cabins and suites, all with private facilities, large windows, desk, hair dryer, robes and large closets.
- Twin cabins have one fixed berth and one convertible sofa bed.
- Triple cabins are identical to twin cabins, with a third pull-down berth.
- All suites have a sitting room separate from the bedroom, DVD player and television.
- Dining rooms with unreserved seating: buffet-style breakfast with table service; table-service lunch and dinner with main course choices, from a menu that changes daily; cakes served in mid-afternoon; coffee and tea available 24 hours from a self-serve station.
- Lounge and bar staffed by a professional bartender; open late afternoon and evening with a wide selection of wines and spirits.
- Heated indoor swimming pool, exercise room and sauna.
- Theater-style auditorium for Expedition Team presentations.
- Shop and library with a collection of polar-themed books.
- Ship-to-shore communications via satellite.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Exercise room.
- Please note: the passenger elevator between decks is operational when the vessel is stable.
|Staff & Crew:||70|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric engines – 24,000 total horsepower|
|Cruising Speed:||14 knots in open water|
|Registered:||In Russia by Far Eastern Shipping Company|
|Triple||1 lower berth, 1 sofa bed, 1 pull-down upper berth, private facilities, opening window, desk and chair|
|Twin||1 lower berth, 1 sofa bed, private facilities, opening window, desk and chair|
|Suite||1 wider bed and sofa bed, private facilities, separate sitting room, 2 opening windows, 2 desks/chairs, table, TV/DVD|
|Corner Suite||1 wider bed, 1 sofa bed, private facilities, separate sitting room, 4 opening windows, 2 desks/chairs, table, refrigerator, TV/DVD|